The Safe and Just Cleaners Study develops educational materials for household cleaners to reduce their exposure to harmful chemicals found in cleaning and disinfecting products.
We also include resources related to mental health, worker rights, and about COVID-19 to empower them as women in and out of their workplace.
Safety Tips for Cleaners
Cleaning during COVID-19
Returning to work
Disinfecting product use
Mental health care
Share these videos
Safe and Just Cleaning:
A Training Curriculum to Promote Safer Work Practices for Household Cleaners
Our partnership co-developed a 3-hr training curriculum in Spanish, (soon in English), with the National Domestic Workers Alliance NYC Chapter in Winter 2020.
Workers were trained to deliver this content to other cleaners:
- Introduction to the process of cleaning
- Hazard, body, and life mapping exercises
- Introduction to cleaning chemicals and hazards of commercial cleaning products
- Chemical types: Volatile Organic Compounds and Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Hierarchy of controls
- Working during COVID-19
- Communicating with clients
We look forward to connecting with you!
Contact us to learn more about upcoming meetings. Your information is private, and only the staff of the three partner organizations of the Safe and Just Cleaners project will have access to it.